We offer trustworthy security solutions to a wide range of clientele ranging from residential developments, manufacturing/industrial premises, commercial estates/ office buildings, church, multi-national companies, warehouse/ cargo, hotels, and financial establishments.
As part of the mission of preventing an incident before it occurs, Straits rely on careful advance work and threat assessments developed to identify potential risks to our clients. Advances in technology and outstanding program management control services provide for a safe and convenient experience.
Key Performance Index
- Employees' salaries are credited on time through banks via Giro Payroll. Full compliance to all regulatory requirements: Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board, Ministry of Manpower (MOM), Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD), Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) and Singapore Police Force (SPF).
Electronic Platform & Value Added Service
- Remote Access Surveillance System
- 24 Hours Control Centre facilitated with well-equipped Monitoring System.
- Biometric Access Control System
- Site/Community Workshops
- In-House Trainings
- Site Security Audits
- Straits Security Application
- Screened by Security Industry Regulatory Department (SIRD).
- WSQ Trained and Pre-deployment Screening
- Smart Turnout
- Customized Standard Operating Procedures for Guards based on clients requirements
- Corporate Uniform (full set)
- Round the Clock Patrolling
- Dedicated Roving Operations Executives
- Surprise Site Inspection
- Professional handling of Incidents and documentation of reports
- Utilization of latest security equipment
- All security officers are Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) trained or exempted by Singapore Police Force (SPF).
- Guards are also trained in soft skills by in-house trainers.
- Ensure all guards are medically fit, in good physical health, sound mental health, acceptable appearance and bearing.
- Strong administration support
- 24 hours Control Room Support
Arrangements for Holiday/Sick/Leave/Emergence Cover
- Holiday leave is applied 2 weeks in advance. Upon approval, Straits Security will cater for a trained replacement from our trained relief pool.
- Officers applying for sick leave are required to call the control centre 8 hours prior to visiting a doctor in advance. The control centre will then resource for a trained relief officer as replacement for the officer reporting sick. This has to be validated with a medical certificate from a recognized medical practitioner.
- From past historical experiences, emergency cover will usually take 2 hours. As an interim measure to find a suitable replacement, our in-house operations officer will immediately proceed to stand-in as replacement until a trained replacement officer arrives.
Dealing with unprofessional behavior
- Based on the level of unprofessionalism, officers will be reprimanded and reported to Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD).
- Minor offences will fetch a verbal warning, followed by a Letter of Advise. If the problem persist, a 1st Warning Letter will be issued, followed by second and final warning, subsequent action will lead to termination of service. The Company may deduct LD's imposed by the client as penalties for any unprofessional behavior committed.
Monitoring and Maintaining performance at Post
- Regular supervision on site will be maintained by the Operations Team.
- Regular Intrusion Checks Test will be conducted on site.
- Various tests on the operating procedures will be done by trainers on site.